Chicken Enchillada Stack

This topic has 4 voices, contains 5 replies, and was last updated by shanna Jun 23rd, 11:40am ago.

Creator Topic
February 11, 2013 at 9:15 am #18131

I made this recipe yesterday, and although it tasted great, it came out very watery. Any advice or suggestions to prevent that from happening again? Thank you all for your help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
February 12, 2013 at 7:04 am #18168
Dawn Dawn

Just like casseroles in the oven you need to let it rest some before you serve, this will help it “set” more. But if you go back to the recipe and read the reviews you will see more info and opinions about this recipe.

Best of luck!

** Just so you know, I have made this recipe, so I am not just throwing out a blind answer :-)

February 13, 2013 at 11:30 pm #18254

Thanks for your response. I actually got it out of the crockin’ for the holidays magazine, so I did not have comments. And, although I did let it “set” it was also still quite watery.

February 15, 2013 at 5:29 pm #18301
Dawn Dawn

I would look up the the recipe on this site and see if it is the same. And read the reviews to see what others thought and did :) Good Luck!

May 30, 2013 at 11:09 pm #20264
Sandra

I took my lid off while it set, that helped the watery factor for me.

June 23, 2013 at 11:40 am #20461
shanna

Here is a major trick….try covering your crock with aluminum foil and putting the lid over the foil. A crock with just the lid keeps things moist by adding the foil you kind of “dry” out the crock and it will keep things from getting mushy it will also brown toppings like cheese or bread crumbs. Adding foil also raises the temp of your crock so something your normally cook on high will need to be turned down to low. With foil and long term cooking like a roast or enchilada casserole i actually cook all day on “warm” and it turns over perfect ever time!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »