Crock for College Student?

This topic has 3 voices, contains 3 replies, and was last updated by Marcia K. Mar 28th, 7:46pm ago.

Creator Topic
March 26, 2013 at 11:19 am #19265
Helen

Hey veteran crockers! I’ve got a question for y’all, I’m getting ready to go off to college in a couple of months, and I love cooking so I want to take a crock pot of my own off to college with me, and where there’s no exposed heating element it shouldn’t be problem, here’s the hitch, anything like this that goes into the dorms has to have automatic shut off and every crock I’ve seen so far costs a small fortune and I am beyond strapped for cash right now with college fees and tuition, etc. So do any of y’all have a crock pot recommendation that has an automatic shut off feature that runs relatively inexpensive? Preferably less than $70. Are there places you can buy used crocks, other than GoodWill?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
March 27, 2013 at 12:27 am #19297
Crockin Girls Crockin Girls

Hey Helen! We have several recommendations on our site, but the 6.5 GE slow cooker would be what we’d suggest if you’re just purchasing the one. And, you need to get it FAST because it’s being discontinued. It’s $40 at Walmart, and I think you can order it online and have it delivered to a store near you. It shuts off 3 hours after finishing, btw. http://bit.ly/13vLULi

March 27, 2013 at 11:09 am #19306
Helen

That sounds perfect!

March 28, 2013 at 7:45 pm #19341
Marcia K.

I would definelty check out Macy’s. I purchased a 5 qt digital and programmable 5 qt Bella around Christmas. And it turns off when it’s done!! It doesn’t switch to ‘warm’ for hours like my others. It’s a nice smaller size too. The 6.5 and 7 qts get a little big for a college dorm where space is a premium!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here »