My mama's recipe and what I like to call 'everything but the kitchen sink' vegetable soup
A wonderful Mexican dish that I have converted to the crockpot.
By request, here's my Porcupine Meatballs recipe for the slow cooker. Kids love them, but they also make a great sandwich or appetizer.
Nothing screams Cinco De Mayo more than fajitas and a good margarita! Let the slow cooker do the cooking while you are relaxing and enjoying the day with friends and family!
- 2 pounds skirt steak or thin steak of choice, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fajita marinade (we used the one with liquid smoke)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 assorted color bell peppers, thinly sliced
- tortillas for serving
Add the steak to a large baggy.
Add garlic, marinade, lime juice, cumin, and salt & pepper to taste.
Close baggy and mix spices into the meat.
Add onion and bell pepper to the baggy of meat.
Add garlic & chili powders, and seal the baggy.
Mix well again.
Refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
Place baggy ingredients into the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve with your favorite fajita toppings!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.