Big Mama’s Broccoli Rice Casserole
Date night in? This dish is both delicious and healthy! Tilapia is a staple meal around here, so luckily it is VERY slow cooker friendly! Here are two...
Super yummy to our tummies! We couldn’t keep our hubbies out of the kitchen with this one! If you want a crowd pleaser, this is the sandwich for you!...
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Easy homemade broccoli cheese soup recipe
Taking an old family favorite and making it in the slow cooker y'all! My great grandma, "Big Mama", taught the women in our family how to get around the kitchen and was always making something up for us when we would visit. We really miss her home cooking and this is a perfect way to pay tribute to her!
- 1 (24-ounce) bag frozen cut broccoli
- 2 2/3 Cups quick-cooking rice (uncooked)
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 2 Cans cream soup (Big Mama used cream of celery, we used cream of mushroom)
- 2 (15-ounce) Jars Cheez Whiz
- 1 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, mixing well to ensure the rice cooks.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.