This stuffing is so yummy and great to take to a family dinner. Everyone will love it. It tastes just like it was cooked in the turkey!
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Celery, chopped
- 1/4 parsley sprigs (I use dry parsley (1t. for each T. fresh)
- 2 (8 oz) Cans mushrooms (optional)
- 12-13 Cups bread cubes (I use the seasoned bread cubes)
- 1 Teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon sage
- 1 Teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 2 well beaten eggs
Melt butter in skillet, saute onion, celery, parsely & mushrooms; pour over bread cubes; add all seasonings & toss well.
Pour in enough broth to moisten and beat eggs, mix well.
Cook on high 45 minutes, low 4-8 hours
I make sure to stir this mixture several times during the cooking time. The top can dry out if you don't stir during cooking. If it seems dry add more broth.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.