Easter Favorites: Carrot Cake, Dyed Eggs, and Peep Kabobs
Slow Cooked Peach Cobbler – Delicious dessert for the whole family!
Your family will love this simple, savory side with any meal.
Great for a lunch by the pool, a picnic in the woods, or a light summer meal. Don't forget to try as a dip too!
* This cake is full of scrumptious flavors. The three hour cook time makes this recipe perfect for an afternoon luncheon.
Baker's Joy or non-stick cooking spray with flour
1 box Duncan Hines Carrot Cake Mix (includes carrots and raisins
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
Your favorite cream cheese icing
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with Baker's Joy.
2. Remove carrots and raisins from the box and pour into a small bowl or large 4 cup liquid mixing cup. Cover with HOT tap water, just enough to cover the carrots and raisin mixture. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, orange juice, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add in pineapple, walnuts, coconut, chocolate chips, and soaked carrots, and raisins. Mix well.
5. Pour battre into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Remove crock from slow cooker. Take lid off, and cool completely.
7. Run a spatula or knife around the cake, making sure all sides are loose. Flip cake out onto a wire rack and continue to cool.
8. Transfer cake to a platter. Ice cake with your favorite cream cheese icing.
9. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until time to serve.
* A protein powerhouse, eggs have long been a go-to food when it comes to fast, healthy fare. This recipe allows you to slow-cook your way to healthy, hard-boiled eggs on the go.
1 dozen eggs
4 cups lukewarm water (or to cover)
1. Put eggs in the slow cooker.
2. Cover with water.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
* These colorful eggs are the perfect side dish for an Easter gathering.
1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
4 Tablespoons vinegar, divided into fourths
warm tap water
1 box variety food coloring
4 disposable cups and spoons
1. Fill each cup with water about 3/4 full.
2. Add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to water.
3. Add a couple of drops of 1 color food coloring to one cup, making each cup of water a different color.
4. Place egg white in whatever color you like and soak for a couple of minutes. The longer the egg stays in the colored water, the brighter the color will be. Add coloring while soaking and swirl, to get a tie dye look.
1/2-3/4 cup mayonaise
1-2 Tablespoons sweet pickles, diced or you can use pickle relish if you like
1 Tablespoon onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
salt and pepper to taste
paprika, for garnishing
1. Slice each egg in half and place yolk into a food processor.
2. Add mayonaise, pickles, onion, mustard, and salt and pepper to the processor.
3. Blend well. Add more mayonaise/mustard or both for desired taste.
4. Spoon filling into egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.