Hawaiian Style Beef Stew
Chicken and Dumplings – A delicious and simple recipe for the slow cooker
If you like messy or not, you are not going to want to miss out on this mess. Dig into this light and scrumptious meal that you can easily freeze! It may look...
Gambrill Pot Roast – A delicious, slow cooked recipe.
A taste of the islands in a stew.
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 Teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh or dried basil and oregano each
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Pounds beef roast, cubed
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 Cups low sodium V8 juice cocktail
- 1/2 Cup chili water
- 2 Cups baby carrots, halved
- 2 bell peppers cut into large chunks
Combine onion, bouillon, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
In a large bowl, toss meat with flour, salt, and pepper until well coated.
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet and brown meat; add to slow cooker.
Add enough V8 to almost cover the meat.
Add chili and water.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Approximately 2 hours before serving, add carrots and stir.
Add bell peppers one hour before serving.
Serve over rice.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.