Heavenly Heart Healthy Soup
A wonderful, hearty soup that takes only minutes to prep. Pair it with fresh bread from your bread machine and you'll have a down home meal with little effort.
The Best Pot Roast Ever – A simple to make recipe in the slow cooker
Is summer already coming to an end? Labor Day weekend marks the closing of summer, but to help soften the blow we are crockin’ up some yummy dishes for...
Feed your family stress free hearty meals and still stay heart healthy!
Submitted by Kathy Bruce
- 1 pound ground turkey (99% lean)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (14-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in thick
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Splenda (optional to help reduce acidity)
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Bay leaf
In large skillet, cook the turkey, celery, and carrots until turkey is done; drain. Add to slow cooker.
Stir in remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for approximately 6 hours. Discard bay leaf before serving!
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.