Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
BBQ Beef from Southern Living – This is an amazing recipe for bbq beef from Southern Living magazine.
Pair this with brimming bowlfuls of your favorite crackers and watch it disappear in record time.
By request, here's my Porcupine Meatballs recipe for the slow cooker. Kids love them, but they also make a great sandwich or appetizer.
Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup – A delicious recipe for the slow cooker
- 1 Pounds mild or hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cups beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 Teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoons salt
- 1/4 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 7.5 Ounces can tomato sauce
- 19 Ounces can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Package (10 oz) fresh or frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, and chopped
- 1/4 Cups chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook sausage over medium heat for 8-10 min. or until brown, stirring to break meat up.
Drain and transfer to slow cooker.
Add onion, carrots, stock, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-10 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions.
Drain and add tortellini, zucchini and parsley to slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 15-20 min longer or until heated through and zucchini is tender.
Transfer soup to bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Serve with warm, crusty bread.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.