Italian Wedding Soup
Easy to make delicious taco soup in slow cooker
This meal always puts me back around my childhood dinner table. Meatloaf, some green beans, mashed potatoes and rolls were pretty much a weekly staple meal. I...
This soup is a great mix between a vegan chili and black bean soup! Serve over cooked brown rice or brown penne pasta for an even heartier meal! Even my...
Italian Wedding Soup – Great recipe for Italian wedding soup, made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Small Head of Escarole, washed, trimmed and cut into 2inch strips
- 1.5 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 3/4 Cups acini di pepe pasta(such as Ronzoni)
In a large bowl, stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
Form mix into meatballs (about 45 ) and place on baking sheet; refrigerate while preparing soup.
Combine broth, carrots, escarole and oregano in slow cooker.
Gently add meatballs.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in pasta for last 20 min. of cook time.
Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle each serving with remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.