Italian Wedding Soup
I will often prepare it just before bed the night before and cook it overnight on low then, since my slow cooker warm setting keeps it at a safe temp, I...
A wonderful Mexican dish that I have converted to the crockpot.
Game Time Dip – A delicious and easy to make recipe.
Italian Wedding Soup – Great recipe for Italian wedding soup, made easy in the slow cooker
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Small Head of Escarole, washed, trimmed and cut into 2inch strips
- 1.5 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 3/4 Cups acini di pepe pasta(such as Ronzoni)
In a large bowl, stir together egg, beef, onion, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon parmesan, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
Form mix into meatballs (about 45 ) and place on baking sheet; refrigerate while preparing soup.
Combine broth, carrots, escarole and oregano in slow cooker.
Gently add meatballs.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in pasta for last 20 min. of cook time.
Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle each serving with remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.