Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serve this fruit favorite at your next party or get together and everyone will be asking, "You made this in the slow cooker?". You can tell them, "Yes and while it was cooking I painted my nails!" We like to keep things simple and sweet - just like this dessert.
- 1 box of pineapple cake mix (prepare according to box)
- 2-3 eggs (will be listed on the box)
- vegetable oil (will be listed on the box)
- Milk (use instead of water on the box)
- 1 Can pineapple rings or 1 fresh pineapple cut into 8 rings
- 1 Can maraschino cherries
- 1 Cup brown sugar
Spray 6-quart slow cooker with bakers joy or spray and flour lightly.
Lightly coat the bottom of the slow cooker with brown sugar.
Place pineapple rings of pineapple on top of the brown sugar. Insert one cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
In a separate bowl, make box cake according to the package directions and pour batter into the slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove crock from the base & let cake cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Place a platter over the top of the crock and flip crock over, letting the cake fall onto the platter. Serve as is or top with fresh pineapple
and cool whip.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.