Light King Ranch Chicken
Two of our favorite things: Mexican food and pasta, all in one fabulous recipe! Your family is sure to be asking for this dish many times over. Enjoy!
This was my spin on a chicken pot pie! I completed the last step in the oven, because I wasn’t sure if the dough would cook on top or how long to do...
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe. Dump and cook!
This is the lighter version of our King Ranch Chicken recipe. It includes mushrooms and spinach, but your family won't even know! It's a yummy, simple, one dish meal that stands well on its own. It's sure to please the whole family!
Used 6-quart slow cooker
- 1 Package Corn tortillas, cut into fourths
- 3-4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked (can be shredded or cubed)
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth, divided
- 1 Cup Fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup: http://crockingirls.com/recipes/homemade-cream-of-chicken-soup/
Place tortillas in the slow cooker until the bottom is covered.
In a bowl, combine chicken, diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1-Â½ cups chicken broth, mushrooms, spinach, onion, and the homemade cream of chicken soup and mix until combined.
Place half the chicken mixture on top of the tortillas. Then top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with the cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours. This dish can cook faster on HIGH for 3 hours.
Leave a Review
You must be logged in to post a comment.